An interesting editorial — Arguing for profanity in print
- Add new tag American Journalism Review Audio audio posting audio slideshow Aural Inspiration blogging books brushes class essentials coding design espn.com Ethics Facebook Flip Fresh Air grammar Harley Soltes Hedrick Smith iAM In:Site interactive graphics interviewing iPhone Ira Glass jobs Just Plain Cool language laws/rules/ethics Los Angeles Times Mark Bowden Marlo Thomas mndaily greenhow multimedia NBA news consumption New Yorker NPR Obama online journalism panorama photography Pic Lits PIxar pop.u.la.tion radio random stuff Richard Ben Cramer Rick Bragg Rosanne Cash seattle sketcher sequences skateboarding social media/social media tools Sports Illustrated Story Corps Storytelling tablet Tagcrowd The Atlantic The Industry The New York Times The Seattle Times This American Life Tiger Woods Tommy Tomlinson toolbox TV news Twitter video video sequence word cloud wordle writing
- More on Lynch departing @SeattleDancePro for Ohio's @BalletMet from @rosemaryjones examiner.com/article/lynch-… via #dance @PNBallet 21 hours ago
- RT @seattlebooknews: On his 450th birthday Shakespeare Takes Center Stage in the Rare Book World ow.ly/w5J02 #Shakespeare450th #… 21 hours ago
- There's a neosoul singer named How To Dress Well. My neosoul moniker, especially on Wednesdays: Rocking the sweatpants. 21 hours ago
- Big bummer in dance news: Seattle Dance Project loses Timothy Lynch, Alexandra Dickson to @BalletMet in OH. @SeattleDancePro @PNBallet 22 hours ago
- @CraigAWelch congrats to you! i've lost track of how many awards the series has garnered. SO happy for u, @sringman! hillmanfoundation.org/2014-hillman-p… 23 hours ago
- audio reporting audio slideshow Aural Inspiration class essentials Defies-Being-Categorized Inspiration English Exceptional old-school (i.e. print) reads html/coding interviewing j-schools/journalism education Just Because news consumption Photojournalism social media/social media tools storytelling The Industry Uncategorized video journalism Visual Inspiration
I'm an independent journalist based in Seattle. After a long career as a print reporter, I now produce radio and TV stories. Most of my work focuses on the arts.
When I'm not practicing journalism, I teach journalism and communication classes at the University of Washington. When I'm not working, I'm hanging out with "Santana," my bichon poodle named after Carlos. She likes kale.
Sara on Photographic inspiration Aaron on 60 second video portraits Bogdana on 60 second video portraits Glenn Doom on Audio slideshow: yay or n… Iris Viveros on Audio slideshow: yay or n…