Words to work by from Ira Glass.
- Add new tag American Journalism Review Audio audio posting audio slideshow Aural Inspiration blogging books brushes class essentials coding design espn.com Ethics Facebook Flip Fresh Air grammar Harley Soltes Hedrick Smith iAM In:Site interactive graphics interviewing iPhone Ira Glass jobs Just Plain Cool language laws/rules/ethics Los Angeles Times Mark Bowden Marlo Thomas mndaily greenhow multimedia NBA news consumption New Yorker NPR Obama online journalism panorama photography Pic Lits PIxar pop.u.la.tion radio random stuff Richard Ben Cramer Rick Bragg Rosanne Cash seattle sketcher sequences skateboarding social media/social media tools Sports Illustrated Story Corps Storytelling tablet Tagcrowd The Atlantic The Industry The New York Times The Seattle Times This American Life Tiger Woods Tommy Tomlinson toolbox TV news Twitter video video sequence word cloud wordle writing
- When @Mayor_Ed_Murray ousted @jkeblas from the @seattlefm, people cried foul. Meet his replacement. kplu.org/post/meet-city… @OfficeofMayor 1 hour ago
- @WestofLenin trying to get a hold of you.... 2 hours ago
- Uh huh!! RT @SlogFirehose: Segal: A Polite Request for Showgoers to SHUT THE FUCK UP slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/… 2 hours ago
- RT @SeaTimesFotoKen: #SCOTUS Justice Sonia Sotomayor poses for photos with #UW crowd in #Seattle today. http://t.co/Tcstss0BIg 2 hours ago
- @BetseyBrock thank you muchly!! 2 hours ago
- audio reporting audio slideshow Aural Inspiration class essentials Defies-Being-Categorized Inspiration English Exceptional old-school (i.e. print) reads html/coding interviewing j-schools/journalism education Just Because news consumption Photojournalism social media/social media tools storytelling The Industry Uncategorized video journalism Visual Inspiration
I'm an independent journalist based in Seattle. After a long career as a print reporter, I now produce radio and TV stories. Most of my work focuses on the arts.
When I'm not practicing journalism, I teach journalism and communication classes at the University of Washington. When I'm not working, I'm hanging out with "Santana," my bichon poodle named after Carlos. She likes kale.
Sara on Photographic inspiration Aaron on 60 second video portraits Bogdana on 60 second video portraits Glenn Doom on Audio slideshow: yay or n… Iris Viveros on Audio slideshow: yay or n…